Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ask an' you shall receive!

It's no secret my internship is almost up in July/August here at JWT.

It's kind of scary at this point, because I've got friggin' medical bills to pay, student loans, orthodontic work to be done, parents to help take care of, 401 k to invest in, money to set aside for a family....GRRR! And I'm livin' in a highly competitive, sucky economy here in Denver, CO.

I'm reading this book, "The Artist's Way," about unlocking your inner creativity and finding the right path you want in your life. One of the chapters tells me to simply ask God, then be alert for signs. (God being whomever your deity is, or if you don't have one, the universe. All that's good. That guy.) So I do. I ask to find a great job that I'll be happy in, that'll lead me down the right path, that'll pay me well with benefits, and won't stress me out. It's a little weird, because I'm kind of skeptical about such things, and wouldn't consider myself a God-fearing individual.

A week later today, I get an email from a career counselor from AiC stating that the Rocky Mountain Institute, an uber-smart think tank in Boulder, needs a designer/editor/animator for a full-time position. RMI is an organization that does great things for the environment and is run by egg-heads and other smart people. I would love to work for people who stand for something. So I get to work (secretly) on a cover letter and my resume at work. Will I get the job, or something similar? We'll see!

But I DO want to thank God, Buddha, Allah, the universe, whomever for these incredible opportunities. If you're listening, I'm incredibly grateful to you.

Thank you.

No comments: