Friday, June 12, 2009

Mother's Day Flower




Here's a digital painting I did of a flower. It was originally for Mother's Day 2009. The first version had "Happy Mother's Day" below the flower, but my creative supervisor told me it would look better with it off. Which, sadly, it did.

I've included my early flower sketch and some various stages throughout the painting. Also, I've included my latest portfolio layout, which I'm immensely pleased with. That layout is like the seventh version. I'm starting to see what my friend Dustin told me, regarding layouts: "Less is more." I thought you had to fill your portfolio with a ton of cool things, but he's right.

I painted this in Photoshop. For those who don't know, I drew the sketch in photoshop with my flower reference handy on my other monitor, and slowly built up the colors of each petal. I crudely drew in the background greens and browns and gaussian-blurred them.

No comments: